Mokelumne Hill Community Church


Built in 1856 after fire destroyed the first version in 1853. Services have taken place in this church continuously over the last century and a half.

The church was built in 1853 as the Congregational Church and was headed by Rev. Benjamin D. Henry, of Maine. The original building burned down in the fire of 1854 and the church that visitors see today was built and dedicated in 1856. Services have taken place in this church continuously over the last century and a half.